Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find phone numbers for the department?

Look on the Contact JPD page for our phone directory.

Where is the police department located?

Look on the About Us page for the location of headquarters and other divisions.

Where do I pay a ticket?

Traffic tickets are paid to the District Court, also located in the Justice Complex with the police department. Their office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. -5 p.m. The police department cannot accept payment for traffic tickets. Payment for tickets that are not “must appear” tickets may be made by mail with a money order. If you have further questions concerning your ticket, please call the court at (870) 933-4508.

Where do I call to file a non-emergency reports?

An officer is stationed at the front desk 24 hours a day. They are available for questions, reports and to handle walk-in traffic. However, during peak times, the officer may have to refer you to another number or call you back when time permits. They may be reached at (870) 935-5562.

Where do I call to get a copy of a report?

The records division is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. They may be reached at (870) 935-5562. Traffic accident reports are also available on line at or

Where is the jail?

Craighead County Detention Center
901 Willet Road
Jonesboro, AR 72401

(North off Dan Avenue (Highway 63B) near Riceland Foods)

Where to I call to find out if someone has an outstanding warrant?

The Warrant Division may be reached at (870) 933-4600 between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The desk officer or dispatch will also be able to provide assistance after hours.

Where do I call if I have information on a crime?

Information on a crime may be provided anonymously through the Crime Stoppers tip line at (870) 935-STOP (7867)

Where is court?

District Court

(Traffic and Misdemeanor Offense(s), Bond Hearings, and Small Claims)

Justice Complex
410 W. Washington
Jonesboro, AR 72401

Circuit Court

(Circuit (felony cases) and Chancery (civil cases))

Craighead County Courthouse
511 Main Street (2nd Floor)
Jonesboro, AR 72401

Juvenile Court

Craighead County Courthouse Annex
511 Union Street (3rd Floor)
Jonesboro, AR  72401

Where do I call if I have a complaint?

Complaints related to the performance of officers of this department may be directed to any on-duty supervisor by contacting the desk officer at (870) 935-5562, who will then contact a supervisor. More serious issues will be referred to Professional Standards by the supervisor. Please click Report Employee Misconduct for further information.